WHAT IS "ORGANIC" ?
Do you know that "Natural" doesn't mean safe? There're some levels of "Natural". Let's think about your salad. It's made from vegetables, they're all "natural", so the salad is "natural". But even though the vegetables were grown up with pesticides or chemicals, your salad is still considered as "natural" because its materials are natural (vegetables). The only difference of those two natural salads is that its materials are PURE NATURAL or not. Yes, again, "Natural" doesn't mean safe. But only PURE NATURAL which is clean of chemicals is really safe.
The same thing happens to your cosmetic bottle. It may be made from natural ingredients, but how can you assure that those natural ingredients are clean and chemical-free ? Fortunately, a standard was introduced to help people choose pure natural products. That is ORGANIC.
In the United States, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) oversees the National Organic Program (NOP). The NOP regulations include a definition of the term “organic” for agricultural ingredients. Generally, they are ingredients which have been produced under strict conditions that meet the definitions below.
- Pesticides : Foods are produced without using most conventional pesticides
- Fertilizer: Foods are produced without using fertilizers made with synthetic ingredients or sewage sludge
- Bioengineering and Radiation: Foods are produced without the use of bioengineering or ionizing radiation
- Antibiotics and Growth Hormone: Organic meat, poultry, eggs,and dairy products must come from animals that are not antibiotics or growth hormones
- Sustainable Practices: The production process must use renewable resources and conserve soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations.
Cosmetics use plant extracts or plant-derived ingredients which are natural. Those ingredients may be organic or may be not. If those natural ingredients are organic and the organic content meets the standards determined by USDA, they're considered as organic cosmetics. Organic Cosmetics is CLEAN natural cosmetics which meets higher standards on purity and safety.
At DR.HC, we use high level of certified organic ingredients in our formulas. By that way we assure with our customers about the purity and true effect from the Nature.